Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 3!! October 19th-26th



Oi family and friends! Its me sister lytle here in brazil. being a
misisonary was CrAzY this week. On saturday we went proselyting for
the first time.  Scariest/best experience ever. So here at the CTM
they love to just throw you into things without giving you any time to
prepare or really any helpful directions. So that fun except for oh
wait no its not and i almost pee my pants every time. So they bus like
50 plus of us misisonaries into the middle of the city here in Sao
Paulo and hand us 4 book of mormons and say ok good luck meet back
here in 2 hours! and then they smile at you all nice like they didnt
just tell you to go preach the gospel in a foreign land for the first
time. Anyways my comapnion and i started walking and i was literally
just saying prayers over and over again just asking heavenly father to
please place some people in our path. well, God is so good and he did
just that. The first person was an older man who was coming out of his
apartment building. sister hamblin and i both felt like we should talk
to him so we quickly started running through all the portugeuse we
knew. Well we must´ve looked as scared as we felt because ´he sais
dont look so scared! I speak a little bit of english! hahah we all
just started cracking up and then he told us that he could tell we
were americans and that we had something important to tell him. OH BOY
did we! Anyways turns out this man recently had a stroke and had
really been struggling to be happy ever since. His children lived far
away and he had no family close by to be with him. He cried and we
cried and in awful broken portugeuse sister hamblin told him how much
god loves him and how he is never alone and then inj even worse
portugeuse i told him we had this free book for him that would help
him in times of struggle and he took it and we told him the
missionaries in his area would be in contact with him!! It was truly
amazing and i have never experienced something like it before. The
second person was a woman named Tanya who was sweeping the streets. We
stopped and told her who we were and she looks pretty suspicious but
then her face broke into the happiest smile and she started speaking
really really fast in portuegeuse and then she hugged us for like 2
minutes each and kissed our faces. Honestly i dont know if she
understood what we were saying to her but she seemed happy and she
took the book of mormon. so successful?? maybe. at least she was
happy. So proselyting got me way out of my comfort zone but it was
such a cool experience. I am learning more and more everyday to let
the spirit guide my words instead of worrying about how bad my
portugeuse or being nervous to talk to strangers. Oh dang i am running
out of time!! But things are good here i got asked to teach relief
society on sunday so thats scary but ill let you know next week how
that goes. we had splits this week and my companheira is so so cool.
ill send a photo with sister ferraira:) She speaks really fast but she
is so patient with me and helps me and im learning so much from her.
Oh man being a missionary is so great. there are definetly hard times
and difficult situations but overall i am just happy. I cant wait to
get to the field though!! Salvador is calling my name but the CTM is
just dragging on haha. All is well. Heavenly Father is so merciful and
he loves us so so much and i cant express that enough. Scripture study
is probably one of my favorite times of the day here becasue i get to
study and feel the spirit and find guidance and help. The food is
still weird. I eat alot of rice and beans and bread. ok i have to go
but everyone please wish my mommy a happy birthday tomorrow! I have
the best mom. I could write about her forever but i have to go. Love
you alll so so much talk to you next week!




Splits with Sister Ferraira this week







My Birthday treat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment