Monday, January 16, 2017

Jan. 16th! They are on FIRE!

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY TO MY JANE! everyone give her lots of hugs and kisses because we all know how loving and affectionate she is!!!! So thankful for my baby sister.

This week was HOT lemme tell ya. I've never been so hot in my life!!
But we are also ON FIRE hahahha with our investigators right now. Im sorry for that joke that was lame but i dont have time to backspace and retype. 
We have been teaching a family and they came to church on sunday! They stayed all 3 hours and i hope they felt the spirit and will come back next week. They have a baptism date for the 28th as well! Our other investigator who came to church was Zefi. He's 13 and so so smart and so ready to be baptized and wants it so badly but his grandma is of a different church and is super unhappy about him wanting to be baptized. So its tough. but we told him to pray that her heart will be more open and that she can still be happy withe him even if he is baptized. 
We have been teaching alot of our investigators about the holy ghost lately. I love to talk about this because i have such a strong testimony of the influence of the holy ghost in my own life. I am so thankful for the consolo and peace i can feel and just the sense of hope i can feel from the holy ghost. The fact that after baptism we can have the spirit with us always as long as we remain worthy is the most amazing gift. I cannot deny that i have felt the spirit. I have the amazing opportunity to feel it everyday here as i testify of the gospel and its truthfulness. I feel the spirit prompt me to say things in lessons and that is always such a cool experience. 
I love camaçari so so much. i never want to leave this area! the members here are incredible. our investigators are so awesome and so willing to follow christ. I have freinds in all of the shops on the road that leads to our house. Every night i wave to my freind José in the bakery and my friends Aliese and Joao in the juice shop and Raphael in the market. 
They eat alot of tapioca here which is really good! I don't know if we have it in the US. Also something called cus cus which is really good. And this juice called acerola and umbu!
No one can say my name and the members just refer to me as sister because no one knows how to say it still haha. One guy calls me sister pequena (small) haha. 
Its a whole different world here but im loving it. There is so much to see and so much to learn. Everyone loves God here. Even if they are not religious they love god. so its normally easy to talk to people. I a blessed to be here. To represent christ and to laugh and conversar with the people here. I love these people!! I know it will be hard for me to leave this area when that time comes. I've got a little family here. 
I love and miss you all. hope all is well back home!! AMÔ VOCES!


No comments:

Post a Comment