Monday, January 23, 2017

OIII!!!!

Oi Família e Amigos!
Happy Day Jane!
This week was awesome! Our investigators are all progressing so well! I love them all so much. Like tears are coming to my eyes they are all such cool people.
Right now we have two different 13 year old boys preparing to be baptized this Saturday! I dont know why but we have taught so many 13 year old boys and i think Heavenly Father really wants me to miss my fav 13 year old back home. Everyone give Aves a big kiss for me:(
I thnk i already talked about Zefi last week but he is still struggling with his grandma not wanting him to be baptized. yesterday we talked with him because he was feeling really discouraged because she didnt let him come to church this week. We just reminded him to have faith and courage and remember the stories of Nephi and his courage to do what is right. We have been praying so hard and i just hope everything works out and he can be baptized on Saturday!
The other boy Marcus is the son of a member who was living with his mom in another city but moved here to live with his dad. He came up to us at church and said he wnats to be baptized so this week we taught him almost every day and he will be baptized Saturday! Hes so smart and so ready. Also he looks like a mini version of harry potter so thats cool.
One day this week we were walking in the rua and this little girl ran up to us and said "are you the people who visit people in their homes and talk about Jesus?" and then i looked around for the hidden camera and for someone to tell me this was a joke. But we said why yes we are. She told us that her mom has been looking for us and wnats to be taught. OK THNK U HEAVENLY FATHER.  BLESSINGS. so we marked a date to visit them this week.
Oh heres a funny story. So a few weeks ago this random guy showed up at church. he seemed a little weird but we were like oh sweet a new investigator awesome lets teach him. sO turns out hes actually crazy. he makes lots of comments about reincarnation and other weird things and raises his hand or stands up or claps in sacrament meeting. haha not gonna lie its entertaining. He comes back to church every week and does the same sorts of things. We have nick named him Paolo Loco. Nothing more to report on him right now but ill keep you all updated on how this week goes with paolo loco. hahahah
You guys the music here is a probblem because we all know how much i love to dance. the music is so good and i literally just want to dance and party with the brazilians so bad. but my companion always reminds me "sister lytle, não pode" UGGGH. one day ill come back and party after my mission.
Sister Jones and I in Pellorinho

I had a cool experience this week with a new investigator named Joni. We were teaching her for the first time and lately i have been struggling with some homesickness and wondering if being here in brazil on a mission is right for me. I have been praying and fasting and while we were teaching Joni yesterday she looked right at me and said "What are you doing here in Brazil? Why are you learning Portugeuse? You are so young. Doesnt your mom miss you?
Well i felt the spirit so strong in that moment. stronger than i have before i think. I told her why i was here and what i was doing and why i was willing to leave my family and home for a year and a half. I was able to testify of the truthfulness of the gospel and of my savior. my faitha nd tetsimony grew with this experience. I know that this was an answer to my prayers. An answer to my discouargemnt. Heavenly father hears our prayers and he answers them!! I know that this is true! He answers them through other people like with Joni most of the time for me.
I am working on patience still through my hard times. I am learning alot about patience here. I wasnt very patient before. im still not but im working on it. And i have been given many experiences to help me to learn.
I love this phrase in Portugeuse- TUDO VAI DAR CERTO. It means all will be right. I know that in the end all will be right if we continually put our faith and trust in god. if we reach out for his hans like in the story of peter. Continue on in patience and in faith. continue on. thats what i like to remember.
I love and miss you all. Brazil is crazy and hotter than the surface of the sun im convinced and amazing.
AMO VOCÊS.
SISTER LYTLE

"When our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the lord comforted us, and said...Bear with patience thine afflictions and i will give unto you success."
ALMA 26:27

Pellourinho

pinha fruit

weirdest fruit ever


Mom, these face masks you sent are scary

No comments:

Post a Comment