Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 5 1/2 Nov. 2nd- Nov. 9th



**LAST week at the CTM!  Aubrey heads for Salvador next Tuesday!  Not sure when we will hear from her next week....I'm sure it will be a little nerve wracking waiting! 
 Aubrey mentioned in her personal letter to us again how.... "I can't get over the amount of emails I receive each week.  I seriously just sit there and cry for a minute because I didn't realize how many people cared about me.  I am so blessed with such beautiful family and friends.  Please let everyone know how thankful I am and that I'm sorry if I don't respond right away."  We also can't thank you enough for your love and support to her!!!   

Oi Family and friends!! this is my last email from the CTM! Time has
seriously flown and i cannot believe that i will be heading to
Salvador on Tuesday. Im so so nervous and i feel so unprepared but at
the same time i am so ready to get out of the CTM. Its really
frustrating trying to learn a language as im sure alot of you already
know. Like i can feel super confident in gospel words and phrases and
i can teach you about the restoration in Portugeuse like its no ones
business but the second some brazilian tries to have a normal
conversation with me its all downhill and i dont know anything. But
its ok. My splits companion this week has not been the most patient or
kind with me and its been hard but i just try to talk slowly and think
alot and usually i can get my point across. It rained SOOOO much and
so hard this week. Thunder and lightning and everything. Its so fun
especially when your stuck inside all day anyways haha. Also i have
one complaint and then the rest of this email should be fairly happy
but OH MY GOSH i cannot handle the amount of singing that goes on
here. Dont get me wrong singing is beautiful and good and can bring
the spirit so strong but its a little over the top here. If i hear
Called to Serve one more time i might scream. Oh and one more not so
good thing is that sister i was talking about last week ended up going
home. It was sad and i had a really hard time with it but i guess if
she really didnt want to be here then she shouldnt. Still sad though
and i hope she doesnt regret her decision. Everyday i repeat over and
over agin in my mind I can do all things through Christ and then i
remind myself why im here and why this is so worth it. Missions are
hard though and that is becoming more and more real to me everyday.
But im so happy to be here. Oh today was my last temple trip for a
year and a half. It was so good and peaceful and i just love the
temple. I am sad io wont be able to go for so long but its ok because
i can be so excited to go to my favorite temple in LA when i get home!
So we had proselyting again on saturday and it didnt go as well as
last time. We didnt give out a single O Livro de Mormon and no one was
wanting to talk to us. But again I just keep reminding myslef that
there will be successes and happiness in my mission but there will
also be really tough and discouarging moments and you know what? its
ok. This isnt supposed to be easy. Elder holland said it best
(Missionary work is not easy because salvation was not a cheap
experience) So its ok!!! Especially because of first proselyting
experience was so good. OH so i just love my district and its going to
be really sad to say goodbye to them. But we play this game in our
classroom everyday called Onde está bebê? which means Wheres the baby?
hahaha because one of the elders in our district fount this tiny
plastic baby and now multiple times a day the baby is moves to a new
hiding spot and whoever hid it has to say Onde está bebê? and then
everyone tries to find it. As im writing this i realized how weird it
sounds but when your stuck in the same classroom for 8 hours a day you
get creative haha. Anyways things are really good. Hiding plastic
babies and being positive makes all the differnce i guess. The also
the thing i want to talk about is just how humble the people are here.
I have already seen so much poverty and awful living conditions since
being here. People in the city literally sleep on the side of the road
or in a cardboard box and look through the trashcan for food.There are
missonaries who come with one carry on suitcase and who never want to
leave the CTM because its the nicest place theyve ever been. They are
so so humble and even though they have barely anything themselves,
they still want to give all they have left to the Lord. And that is
truly amazing to me. And here i am complaining that the water pressure
in the shower just isnt cutting it for me. I have already been changed
by these things and i think its so important that we all remember how
fortunate and blessed we are. i have been given everything i have ever
needed my whole life and i still find things to complain about but
these beautiful people have nothing and still give and give and give.
Anyways just something to think about this thansgiving season. I LOVE
YOU ALL SO SO MUCH. i hope things are happy back home. Next time you

hear from me ill be in SALVADOR!!! WOOOOOO tchau! sister lytle








No comments:

Post a Comment