Thursday, December 8, 2016

Dec. 8th...been a rough week!




Oi family and friends
well this week has been interesting. On friday morning i slipped on the stairs while we were leaving our house. It was raining and super slippery. I hit my head on the back on the edge of the step and my arms and back. It happened very fast and thinking back on it i cant even imagine how funny it mustve looked haha. Anyways the members here found out and were very concerned and took me to the hospital. Well we all know how much i hate anything medical so that was a scary experience for me to be in a tiny hospital in brazil without my mom. Of course the first thing they did was come at me with a needle haha. then i had to wear a diaper and a hospital gown. sounds really fun right? haha and then they did a catscan and found a small idema on my head so they made me stay in the hospital for 4 days. the amount of bloodwork and needles and gross hospital food was really hard for me. They gave me another catscan and found that the swelling had gone down alot but i still had to stay in the hospital for observation. This time was very difficult for me. I was having a really hard time understanding why something like this would happen and why i wasnt able to go out and work like i was supposed to.I felt helpless and alone and really scared. My constant thought was- am i not supposed to be here? is this heavenly father telling me that i had made a mistake in deciding to serve a mission?
Even though i still havent been allowed to go out and serve and work like i want to i have learned alot from this awful experience. I have learned that this is a test of my patience and endurance and faith.


My companion has been so awesome and has literally been my mom since i dont have my real mom here with me. She sings christmas hymns to me and reads my scriptures to me. She cheers me up when i start feeling down. She lets me cry and she is so patient. I see that throughout this i am being so blessed. The members are so concerned about me and bring food to our house every day. They pick up my medicine and kiss my face. I see that it was a huge blessing from god that i didnt get hurt worse than i did. It couldve been so much worse. While i was in the ICU i saw a woman come in with bleeding in her brain. Shortly after the doctors put her into a coma. I saw another lady come in with a heart attack. She cried alot. I realize now that my pain and suffering was so small in comparison. A woman who we have been teaching was attacked by her son this past week and was stabbed and her eyes were swollen shut. She wasnt even worried about herself and her pain because she was so worried about how i was doing. She said she wants to be baptized because she has seen the lord bless her life so much during this awful experince.
I am trying my best to count my blessings. I have so so so many. All is well. I know that so many of you have been worried and praying and im so thanful and i feel your prayers. Even though there were moments this week where i really wanted to give up i didnt and i know its because of the help heavenly father has given me.
I know that god lives. i know he sends angels to comfort us in hard times. I know that this gospel is true and can help us through any sickness any pain any trial. I know that jesus christ is my savior. I love being a missionary. I love this work. Is it hard? so hard. but so worth it and i see light at the end of this tunnel. I miss you all and love you all and hope all is well back home. Tchau until next week
Eu amo vôces!





Christmas Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment