Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12th- Going to miss Sister Lund!



Oi family and friends!
Well not much to report this week but i did want to share a scripture passage that has helped me alot this week.
Its in Matthew 14 and its the part about Jesus walking on the water.
Jesus is walking on the stormy sea and the disciples are in a ship.
Peter calls out to God and says "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water."
The Lord says come and when peter steps out of the ship he starts walking on the water to go to jesus. a true miracle! and peter shows much faith.
But then Peter becomes afraid because he looks around and realizes that hes in the middle of thsi stormy sea and he gets distracted and starts to sink. He cries out the jesus to save him and of course jesus does. But he says to him "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt."

When peter fixed his eyes on the savior and acted with faith, peter had the power to do what he could never do alone..walk on the water. this is the role of the savior and his grace in our times of need.


i have experienced this alot these past few weeks. There are times when i am struggling so much and i feel like im praying and doing everything im supposed to and i am not recieving any help. this is never true. i can always open my eyes and see the love of my savior all around me. But we get distracted. by physical pain, by fear, by embarrasment, by frustration, and we take our eyes of of the savior and his love and we start to sink. We cannot lose our faith, we cannot doubt. it is hard to do but it is possible. I am still learning this but i see that god is teaching me this for a reason.

i am so thankful for each of you and your love and support. I am learning and growing so much everyday. I am sad to say goodbye to my companion sister lund but i know my next comapanion will be so great. I am so thankful for this opportunity i have to serve a mission in brazil at the time of my life. i am so thanful for my trials because they make me stronger and they make me pray and they make me humble. I love this gospel and i love my salvador jesus cristo.
have a good week everyone. love you all. tchau tchau



No comments:

Post a Comment